Monday, January 19, 2015

Research Survey (WR 16)

For part of my original work, I decided to do some research on what peoples music preferences are. I set up an online survey of 12 questions. The goal of the survey is to find out exactly how people listen to music, and why they listen to music. I asked questions such as, "What platform do you most frequently listen to music on?" or "What device do you most frequently listen to music on?" to find out specifically how most people listen to music. I also asked questions as to why people listen to music. An example would be "In a song, what is the most important to you?". I also asked some questions about how/why people follow bands/artists on social media.

Now all this information is great, but how does it help me? This information is going to help me gather real life information, and apply the results to my planned album release at the end of the year. For example, I am planning on making a music video for one of the songs on the album. I had no idea what kind of video to make, so I asked "In a music video, what is the most important to you?" and most people have been saying that they would rather see a storyline related to the song. This is just one example of how I am going to use the data and there will surly be many more uses for it.