Monday, February 2, 2015

Original Work (WR 18)

This past Friday, the Original work project was due. For this project, I had to do primary research and write a report summarizing my findings. I decided to conduct an online survey asking people about their musical preferences and how/why they like to listen to music. I then gathered the 130 results and looked for correlations and links between different factors. I ended up finding some important links, some of winch even surprised me. Once I had looked over all of the data, I then wrote an assessment about my findings. Along with the assessment, I created numerous graphs to aid the assessment and give the reader a deeper understanding about the data and the correlations between the data. Besides a few printing issues, the project went really good and I learned a lot about how/why people listen to music. Now the reason I decided to conduct this survey was to better prepare me for my final product (album). I now know a lot about what people prefer in a song, what kind of music videos they like, how most people listen to music, etc.