Sunday, November 30, 2014

Looking Ahead (WR 12)

There is one final event for ISM this semester; Research Showcase. At Research Showcase, we will be displaying ourselves and all the research we have been conducting this semester. With this in mind, the next couple of weeks will be all about preparing for this event. I have already previously created a mock-up of what I hope my display board to look like, I now just have to create it. Even know I have a plan, I will still need to put it together and make adjustments as needed. Another aspect of Research Showcase is creating a atmosphere at your table. Most people simply put cookies or drinks out, but I am not most people. I plan to bring my home studio setup to show off my work, and also have a 'create your own song' activity. People will be able to walk up and within a matter seconds create their own song. I am still working out the exact logistics, but I plan to have it all setup within a week and have people test it before the showcase. This is a very different and unique idea that is sure to set me apart and hopefully leave a lasting impression of those in attendance.