Monday, November 17, 2014

Wrapping up (WR 11)

This previous week, we did not have a whole lot going on in ISM. We were mainly focused on finishing up/tying any loose ends of the second six weeks. The main thing this included was posting the video we took of our research presentation to our class website. We did this so that our peers could watch our presentation and give us come constructive feedback/criticism. This will be very helpful moving on because I will get some suggestions to what I can make better for the next couple of speeches, both in class and at research showcase/final presentation night.

Speaking of research showcase, this next six weeks will be all about preparing for it. Looking ahead, I plan to conduct my last research interview, create my display board, and prepare for the research showcase. For those of you wondering, the research showcase is a night (Tuesday, December 16th at Heritage High School) where all of students involved in the ISM program will be displaying themselves and all of the research they have done all of the first semester. I am very excited for this night because I will get to display all of the stuff I've been working on so far. Personally, I will also get a 'checkpoint' where I can see where I am at, and compare this to where I want to be. Then, I will address this and make my goals for the next/final semester in ISM.