Sunday, October 19, 2014

Another day, Another Interview (WR 7)

This past week, I successfully completed my fourth research interview. On Thursday, I interviewed Bruce Faulconer of cakemix recording studios. Mr. Faulconer is a very successful composer who worked on projects such as 243 episodes of Dragon Ball Z with cartoon network and even some full feature films such as Bystander Theory. In this interview, I learned a lot of the composition side of music. He also gave me insight to what it takes to be a professional music composer and some things I can be working on right now to prepare me for this possible career. Another thing we talked about was the fact that it is hard to be a music composer in Dallas. He said that if he could do it all over again, he would have moved to LA or New York because it is much easier to get started in these places as a music composer.

Also, this week I have been doing a lot of assessments and research to prepare for our research speeches next week. These speeches have to be 10-12 minutes long and cover most if not all of the research that we have been doing, both online and through in person research interviews. This coming week, I have another research interview scheduled and plan to do some more research to help me get ready for the big research speech next week.