Sunday, October 5, 2014

First Interview (WR 5)

Last friday (8/3) I had my first research interview. I met with Christian Chavarri who owns C-Factory, a music production company, and Creativation, a music school. With this being my first interview, I was slightly nervous but it turned out great and I learned a lot about my field of study. Now that I've had a successful interview, I am much less anxious about upcoming interviews and even more excited. I think one of the most valuable things I learned about the interview process is that Interviewing a real world professional is one of the best ways to research your field of study. Even though reading articles and watching videos are helpful, nothing beats getting to ask a professional any question you can think of.

While interviewing Christian, I learned many things about my field. One of the most important things I got out of the Interview is to build up a strong portfolio. He told me that having a strong portfolio of your work is one of the most important things your can have. I learned that as an unexperienced producer, I should even work for free just so that I can gain experience and build up my portfolio.