Sunday, September 28, 2014

10:1 Principle (WR 4)

Earlier in the year while creating our contact lists, Mr. Wysong (Our ISM teacher) told us it was important to have many, many contacts. As I begin to make calls and send out emails attempting to get research interviews, I now see why this is important. Mr. Wysong told us that, on average, for every ten contacts you have you will get one response. I initially thought this was an exaggeration, but I am finding out this to be very true. As you can probably tell, my main focus of this week has been contacting music production professionals with the intent to attain a research interview. So far, I've had two responses out of the twelve attempts I've made. I count this as progress however, because of those two I have one interview scheduled and another in the process of being scheduled. This up and coming week, I will be making more calls and following up on previously contacts that have not responded yet. 

Earlier in the week, I also completed the second research assessment of the year. In this assessment, I decided to learn about mixing. Mixing is still a new concept for me and I am only just beginning to understand it. After reading some articles and receiving some advice from a friend, I began to apply some things I've been learning to my own songs.