Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hard Work Pays Off (WR 2)

This past week, my greatest accomplishment actually had nothing to do with ISM. Over the summer, I have been practicing extensively to prepare for the 2014 All-Region Jazz audition. Last year I auditioned, and made second chair. But this year, I was determined to make first chair. The audition took place last saturday morning. Once the results were posted and I saw my name as 1st chair I was overwhelmed with excitement and joy. I am very excited, but I know that I am not done yet. Because I made 1st chair, I will now go on to the All-State audition in a couple of weeks.

This last week was also very productive in the ISM part of things. I would say the most important thing I accomplished was completing a list of twenty-five contacts in my field of study. This list will be very helpful as I start to go on research interviews in the very near future, I won't lie I'm slightly nervous! I also completed my first research assessment. For this assessment, I read an article by Joe Glider about how home music producers need to be able to balance their time with the different aspects of creating Music. This was a great article and I learned a lot that I can apply to my music production workflow.